Goals for 2013
Yeah, yeah, I’m behind on my resolutions. As mentioned previously, the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 was not “normal” for us at the Yoteden. Between a new job, holidays, blizzards, a funeral and rampaging flu I’ve been a bit busy. What this means is that although I had time to think about my goals and resolutions I just didn’t have the time to get them written. I’d like to correct it with this post.
So, below, I’ve listed a few things that have been on my mind and that I would like to pursue in the coming year. This is not all of them but it does include the ones which seem to be front-loaded in my memory.
And to think, some actually have something to do with this blog!
Goals for 2013
- Write at least a post a week on Yoteden. Whether it be about gaming, family or nature, I plan to get in at least one good post a week. I would like to do more but I also want to be realistic.
- More physically fit. Finish up my 100 pushups challenge and then completing the 100 sit-up challenge while restarting the 100 pushups challenge. Wash/Rinse/Repeat
- Start a sandbox solo RPG game world which I will feature here.
- Start putting up more gaming posts featuring NPCs, Gaming aids and other related material for gaming.
- More hiking. More camping. More fishing –> with the kids.
- At least three no-frills, light gear only, hikes/camp outs.
- Be successful in lighting a bow drill fire from hand gathered materials. (I have come SO close lately.)
- Forage, build and use successfully a primitive fishing set from bush materials.
- Pursue a historical project that I’ve been thinking about for the past year or so. It will be featured here on the blog.
- Write more fiction and get at least four items (short stories, more likely) submitted.
- Work towards getting a better digital recorder for audio sessions.
- Have my demo reel for audio work done by late summer.
- Attend at least three training sessions for my new job and read at least 6 books on the subject.
One caveat to all of this. I’m currently up in the middle of the night recovering from said rampaging flu. I may look at this tomorrow morning and laugh and laugh. Regardless, I’m going to be brave and put it up here for all to see.